We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
3120 Kiln Creek Pkwy,
Yorktown, VA 23693
Phone: (757) 875-1936
Fax: (757) 875-1937
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sun: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
• NABA National Butterfly count.
• Cicadas start calling.
• Watch local ponds for immature herons and bitterns.
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders early in the month.
• Thistle plants begin to seed; goldfinches gather thistledown for nesting material.
• Blackbirds begin to flock and appear at feeders.
• Listen for the feeding screeches of young Barred and Great Horned Owls.
• Shorebird migration starts.
• Butterfly milkweed in bloom. Look for Monarch Butterfly adults, eggs and larva.
• Look for hummingbirds feeding on Trumpet Creeper, Jewelweed and Cardinal flowers.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.